The M.D. Bylaw Enforcement Officer can be contacted for any inquiries at::
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
(780) 891-3778 ext 165 - office
(780) 891-8310 - cell
The primary duties of Bylaw Enforcement include, but are not limited to:
- Enforcing municipal bylaws in all MD Hamlets
- Taking part in Emergency Operations and Disaster Services
- Community events
- Applying municipal priorities and legal authorities
- Overseeing MD Security/Animal Control personnel in Wabasca, Sandy Lake, Calling Lake, Red Earth Creek, Trout Lake, Peerless Lake
- Bylaw Enforcement is based out of the Wabasca Main Office and works closely with Administration, Lands and Planning Dept, the Development Authority, and numerous outside agencies including Alberta Health, Superior Safety Codes, SCARS, and Alberta Sustainable Resource Development. The Bylaw Enforcement Officer reports to the Legislative Services Department manager as well as the Chief Administrative Officer.
Currently, bylaws of the highest priority for enforcement are Land Use, Development, Unsightly Premise, Road Protection, and Animal Control.